Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2019
Behold the cacophony of bazaars and shimmering Sahara when you journey to Morocco's charming cities of Casablanca, Fez and Marrakesh, including visits to the life-giving oasis of Tinghir, Todra Gorge and Ouarzazate.
- CITY TOUR in Fez and Marrakesh
- ORIENTATION of Rabat, Meknes, Erfoud, Ouarzazate, Essaouira and Casablanca
- VISIT Midelt, Tafilalt Oasis, Bahia Palace and Ait Ben Haddou
- VIEW the Royal Palace in Rabat, the Ziz Valley in Fez, Tinghir, the Todra Gorge and Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- 9 hot buffet breakfasts
- 2 Regional Meal lunches
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities.
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (775) 686-7000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14236549
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Casablanca||Arrive Casablanca: The intoxicating sights and sounds of Morocco are revealed on this epic adventure through an ancient land. Delve into the intrigue and romance of Casablanca immortalised by Hollywood before meeting your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception. Welcome Reception|
Grand Mogador City Centre
|Day 2||Fez||Casablanca - Rabat - Meknes - Fez (2 Nights): We continue along the coast to the capital, Rabat. Here we'll embark on an orientation tour of the city which includes views of the grand 17th-century palace and Mausoleum of Mohammed V. Travelling to the imperial city of Meknes, we'll see the grand gate of Bab el-Mansour, one of the most impressive monumental gateways in North Africa, adorned by green and white zeillij tiles. We arrive in Fez later today and spend the rest of the day at leisure, connecting with the symbolic heart of Morocco and the unique character of the country's oldest imperial city. Buffet Breakfast|
Marriott Jnan Palace
|Day 3||Fez||Fez Sightseeing and Free Time: Join a Local Specialist today to explore the medina, one of the largest thriving medieval centres in the world. See the royal palace and 'Dive Into Culture' during a visit to the round dye-pits and tanneries revealing Morocco's ancient leather craft. Spend the rest of the day shopping or relaxing in a lantern-lit courtyard away from the medina crowds. Join your companions this evening for a special opportunity to 'Connect With Locals' over a Be My Guest dinner experience, featuring Moroccan specialities served with wine in a traditional Riad.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 4||Erfoud||Fez - Midelt - Erfoud: We follow the old caravan trail south, stopping for a Regional Meal in Midelt, a market town set within the high plains between the Middle and High Atlas mountain ranges. Continuing along the palm-fringed Ziz Valley and past the Tafilalt oasis, we arrive in the oasis town of Erfoud, regarded as the Gateway to the Sahara. Its golden facades and towering dunes have made it a popular location for filmmakers for decades. This evening we dine at our hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal, Dinner|
|Day 5||Dades Valley||Erfoud - Tinghir - Dades Valley: Journeying west, we arrive in Tinghir, one of the most beautiful oases in southern Morocco and home to the ruins of the ancient Glaoui palace. We continue through part of the Todra Gorge and cut through the mountains for one of the most dramatic views in the country. Enjoy a memorable Regional Lunch before following the route of a thousand kasbahs to the flourishing Dades Valley. Here we will overnight at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories, Xaluca Dades, surrounded by panoramic views of the Atlas Mountains. Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal, Dinner|
|Day 6||Marrakesh||Dades Valley - Ouarzazate - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakesh (2 Nights): Blending effortlessly into the arid landscape, Ouarzazate has provided a backdrop for such famous movies as 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'Cleopatra' and 'Gladiator'. Visit the UNESCO-listed fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou in the High Atlas Mountains and continue through the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass to Marrakesh - the 'Red City'. Like many other former imperial cities in Morocco, Marrakesh comprises an old fortified city - the medina - and an adjacent modern city. Marrakesh is home to Morocco's largest traditional souk (market) where you may wish to spend some time learning the art of haggling.Buffet Breakfast|
Le Meridien N'Fis
|Day 7||Marrakesh||Marrakesh Sightseeing and Free Time: Visit the ornate Bahia Palace during city orientation with your Local Specialist and spend some time soaking up the energy of Djemaa el Fna Square in the Old Quarter with its palm readers, acrobats, camels and snake-charmers. Spend the rest of the afternoon lingering in one of the city's beautiful gardens, discover the vibrant arts and culture scene or consider experiencing an authentic Moroccan show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Essaouira||Marrakesh - Essaouira: We travel to the laid-back shores of Essaouira this morning stopping en route to visit a cooperative involved in creating cosmetics from traditional ingredients. Consider a delicious seafood lunch and enjoy some free time before joining a city tour of UNESCO-listed medina, the walled Jewish Quarter and Skala fortress. Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Casablanca||Essaouira - Casablanca: This morning we journey north to Casablanca where we will enjoy views of the magnificent Hassan II Mosque, built for the late king's 60th birthday celebrations. Later, we join our Travel Director and companions for a Farewell Dinner to celebrate an unforgettable voyage of discovery. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Grand Mogador City Centre
|Day 10||Depart Casablanca||Depart Casablanca: Say goodbye to your new-found friends at the end of your Moroccan holiday. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class