Latin America 2019: Antarctica Peninsula Cruise Land of Penguins and Icebergs Superior Suite Summer 2019
Brochure Type: Latin America 2019
Slice through the icy waters of Drakes Passage to a vast wilderness that lies beyond the realm of man-an epic journey through the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula.
- 10 breakfasts
- 8 lunches
- 8 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (775) 686-7000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14384895
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Ushuaia||Arrive Ushuaia: Journey to the end of the world - your gateway to the remote Antarctic wilderness is the port city of Ushuaia, which you'll have an opportunity to explore on your terms.|
Arakur Spa Hotel
|Day 2||Board m/v Sea Spirit||Board m/v Sea Spirit (8 Nights): Indulge in a leisurely morning before your group transfer will take you to your luxury expedition ship, the m/v Sea Spirit. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring your home-away-from-home which will ferry you across the Drake Passage and into the surreal landscapes of Antarctica. This evening, you'll set sail through the Beagle Channel, so named for the ship that charted the rugged southern coastline of South America in the early 19th century and on which Charles Darwin once sailed. Dinner|
m/v Sea Spirit
|Days 3-4||Drake Passage||Drake Passage: We leave the Cape Horn and islands of Tierra del Fuego behind us, bound for the swirling convergence of the Atlantic, Pacific and Southern oceans, quite often referred to as the 'Drake Shake'. With no land in sight, we keep a keen eye out for some of the pelagic seabirds that venture far out into the ocean and enjoy briefings, orientations and lectures from experts providing insights into life on this untouched continent. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Days 5-8||South Shetland Islands and Antarctica Peninsula||South Shetland Islands and Antarctica Peninsula: Immerse yourself in the incomparably beautiful landscapes of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. Your expedition cruise will journey through slushy straits dotted by luminous icebergs that glow cobalt and white like beacons in the deep blue ocean. Stretch your sea legs, embarking on Zodiac excursions to experience this wilderness first hand. Watch the sun glisten on the golden furs of seals lazing on ice floes, slide down snowy slopes and kayak through icy waters in search of whales, penguins and other species of bird that find sanctuary surrounded by gigantic cliffs of ice. Cruise past protected bays, glacial peaks and through narrow channels, weaving in and out this untouched island chain - a journey filled with "pinch me moments" no photo could ever capture. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Days 9-10||Drake Passage||Drake Passage: We leave the dramatic polar landscape behind, returning via Drake Passage to Ushuaia. Spend your days on board discovering further insights about the Antarctic during several informative presentations and workshops by experts and reminisce about the unforgettable experiences you've shared with new friends over a Farewell Dinner. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 11||Disembark||Disembark: The spectacular sight of the snow-capped Martial Range signals our return to Ushuaia. After breakfast, we disembark and take a transfer to the airport or consider extending your stay in the city at the end of the world. Buffet Breakfast|
- This land and cruise experience to Antarctica is offered on an independent basis.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class