Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 23 24
The towering spires of Imperial Europe may seem to touch the sky, but you'll want to keep your feet on the ground so you don't miss any of the many travel highlights and heart-warming surprises delivered on your visits to Prague, Salzburg, Budapest and Vienna.
- Explore Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Salzburg with a Local Specialist
- Discover Munich, Regensburg, Bratislava, Gyor and Innsbruck
- Visit the Fisherman's Bastion in Budapest
- View the Marienplatz in Munich, St. Vitus' Cathedral and the Old Town Square of Prague and the Imperial Boulevards of Vienna
- See Melk Abbey
- Connect With Locals Join the Schieszl family for a hearty Hungarian Be My Guest dinner and the story of their winery.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 9 Breakfasts
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (775) 686-7000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627627
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Welcome to Munich: The sophisticated city streets of Munich are your launch pad to an adventure through the capitals of Imperial Europe. Spend some free time immersing yourself in the sights and sounds of the Bavarian capital. Join your fellow travellers and Travel Director on an orientation tour. View the Marienplatz, the centre of Munich city life since the 12th century, and its iconic Glockenspiel, before a Welcome Reception to kick-start your journey.|
Four Points by Sheraton
|Day 2||Medieval Regensburg and Prague||Journey to Medieval Regensburg and Prague: This morning visit Regensburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an unspoilt medieval gem. Cross the Czech border and head to Prague, your home for the next two nights. You'll have the evening to spend your way or consider joining an Optional Experience to explore beautiful Prague by night with a Local Specialist.|
Vienna House Andels
|Day 3||Prague||Discover Colourful Prague: Delve into centuries of history as you join a Local Specialist for a guided sightseeing tour of Prague. View the impressive Gothic architecture of St. Vitus Cathedral in the grounds of the 1,000-year-old Prague Castle, then cross the river on your walking tour to the Old Town Square to see the Astronomical Clock, with its hourly Walk of the Apostles. The afternoon is yours to experience the city on your terms. Savour the delicious flavours of Trdelnik in the Old Town Square, pay tribute to the saints that line the Charles Bridge or consider a relaxing lunch cruise on the Vltava.|
|Day 4||Slovak Bratislava and Budapest||Onwards to Slovak Bratislava and Budapest: We leave the beauty of Prague behind for the lush landscapes of Moravia and pass into Slovakia. Stop in Bratislava to admire its eclectic Gothic, Baroque and Art Deco architecture. Crossing the border into Hungary, we arrive in Budapest, the 'Paris of the East'. Consider spending the evening on a river cruise along the Danube paired with a dinner of a selection of Hungarian specialities and awe-inspiring views.|
Courtyard by Marriott City Center
|Day 5||Explore Riverside Budapest||Explore Riverside Budapest: Admire the iconic and unexpected highlights of Budapest on a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the famous Chain Bridge which connects the two ancient settlements that straddle the Danube, and the UNESCO-listed Castle Hill district. Visit Fisherman's Bastion, paying tribute to the seven Magyar chieftains who founded the Hungarian nation. Here, you can enjoy superb views across the imposing Parliament building and Danube below. Spend the rest of the day at leisure before joining the Schieszl family for a hearty Hungarian dinner at our Be My Guest experience. Connect With Locals and hear the story of their winery.|
|Day 6||Vienna||Venture to Vienna: A leisurely start to your morning could see you joining an Optional Experience guided tour of the magnificent Parliament Building and a visit to the world-famous Gundel restaurant for pancakes. Cross the hilly landscapes of Transdanubia stopping in Gyor to soak up its medieval atmosphere. Arrive in Vienna for an evening at leisure to indulge in the captivating melodies, art and architecture of a city that was once home to famous composers.|
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Day 7||See the Sights of Vienna||See the Sights of Vienna: Explore the imperial splendour of Vienna during your guided sightseeing tour of Vienna with a Local Specialist. Admire Hofburg Palace, the former winter residence of the Habsburg Dynasty, the grand State Opera House and Ringstrasse, a beautiful sweeping boulevard built in the 19th-century to replace the city walls. Then, see the ornate colourful roof of St. Stephen's Cathedral, one of the city's most beloved icons. Maybe, visit the Baroque Schonbrunn Palace with its tranquil gardens or enjoy Vienna's musical talents at one of the performances for which the city is famous.|
|Day 8||Picturesque Salzburg||Off to Picturesque Salzburg: The enchanting landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley provide a picturesque backdrop for our leisurely drive past vineyards and fortresses en route to Salzburg. We see the Benedictine Melk Abbey perched on a rocky outcrop above the Danube and learn about its royal connections. Arriving in Salzburg, we embark on a leisurely walking tour of its Old Town with a Local Specialist. Dine in your hotel this evening.|
|Day 9||Return to Munich||Return to Munich: Leave Austria behind, bound for the German city of Munich. This evening, we celebrate an unforgettable journey through some of Europe's most memorable cities during a Farewell Dinner with your travel companions and Travel Director.|
Four Points by Sheraton
|Day 10||Munich||Farewell Munich: For now, it's time to say a fond auf Wiedersehen to Germany, your fellow travellers and Travel Director at the end of your exhilarating European experience. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Festive Meals: The 17 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Munich, the 18 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Salzburg, the 23 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Prague and toast New Year's Eve in Munich, the 26 December 2023 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Vienna and the 29 December 2023 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Prague. We have arranged festive meals for these departures that may replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class